Island Pineapple Chicken & Veggie Kabobs
- 3 Chicken Breast, diced in small bite sized pieces
- Whole Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced in large chunks
- 1 Onion, cut into large slices
- 2 (20 oz) Canned Pineapples in Juice, Light Syrup or Heavy Syrup, (Reserve Juice for marinade)
- Cooked White Rice, rice pilaf or fried rice
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Juice from 2 Canned Pineapple Chunks, (or substitute light syrup or heavy syrup. After pouring juice into marinade, put reserve Pineapple pieces in a small bowl in the fridge to be threaded on the Kabobs.)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, Chopped
Chop Chicken, Onions, Bell Pepper , and Mushrooms and place in large Ziplock bag, Place bag in a large bowl to keep from leaking. (Keep Pineapple Chunks separate in the fridge.)
Combine Island Marinade Ingredients.
Pour over Chicken and Vegetables in a bag and refrigerate overnight.
The next day: thread Chicken, Vegetables and reserved pineapples on kabob skewers and grill or broil in the oven, turning once halfway through.
Take reserved marinade and pour into sauce pan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
Drizzle thickened sauce over cooked white rice, fried rice or Rice Pilaf and serve with Kabobs.