Southwest Chicken Alfredo
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can MILD rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), undrained
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (The kind in the green can)
- 16 oz linguine noodles, cooked al dente
- green onions
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms and onions and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute stirring constantly.
Add the UNDRAINED tomatoes, UNDRAINED rotel, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, add the cream and Parmesan cheese, and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile prepare linguine noodles according to package directions.
Toss cooked noodles with prepared sauce.
Top with sliced grilled chicken and lots of green onions.
Serve and enjoy!