Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- 2 tsp Hickory liquid smoke
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz pasta measured dry, cooked al dente
- parsley for garnish
Sprinkle raw Chicken strips with the cajun seasoning and liquid smoke.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add chicken strips and chicken for 5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, and green onions.
Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring every minute.
Add cream and seasonings.
Bring to a boil.
Stir and reduce heat.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
Toss with noodles and serve.